Sooner or later that old heating and cooling system is going to give out. When it comes time to choose a new HVAC system you want to make the wisest choice possible. With a little help from a great air conditioning and heating service company you can make a great decision on what unit to buy.
Tips for choosing the right system
The choice you make for your home heating and cooling system is one that you will have to live with for a few years. That’s why it’s imperative to make the best decision for your situation. Following are a few tips for picking the right system:
- Research – You will need to do your homework before you decide what system to buy. There will be some things you will need to determine before you select a unit. Of course, the main concern will be just how much volume you are trying to cool. This is something your HVAC vendor will surely need to know. Ask what is included with the system. You will need to know what you have to purchase if it’s not included with the system. Older homes may have special problems that may need to be addressed. Be diligent here and make sure you know exactly what you are getting.
- Money – Naturally money will be a big factor in figuring out what to buy. If things are tight you might just have to go with the bare necessities. If you have some options then you can consider some bells and whistles for the system. Keep in mind there may be incentives and rebates when purchasing a new system. Look at all the financial impacts of your decision and make sure you know which one is best for you.
- Cooling capacity – It gets pretty warm in Jacksonville. The winters are generally pretty mild though. The main concern of any HVAC system in this area will be its ability to cool your home. Many traditional units can be used for heating and cooling and that may be your best bet. Air conditioning is a must for some people with health issues, the young and the elderly. Don’t cut corners on cooling capacity. It’s the most important part of any home comfort system in this part of the country but don’t forget about the heating aspect of any system.
- Size – Sizing your system will be critical. Too much capacity causes the units to cycle on and off too much creating much wear and tear on the system. Not enough and your home will always be too hot or too cold and your system will run all the time. This will make energy bills skyrocket. You need a system that is correctly sized for your home. Your HVAC vendor can help you with these calculations. Just beware that bigger isn’t always better.
- Good quality – The old adage, “you get what you pay for” is certainly true when dealing with home comfort systems. A better quality system may cost more to begin with but over the years it will make up for those extra costs with more efficient operation and a longer lifetime. There is no substitute for quality when it comes to your home heating and cooling system. Purchase the best you can afford. Look at your system as an investment. As a matter of fact choosing the right unit can easily pay for itself in a short time, leaving you with money to invest!
- Do business locally – Your heating and cooling system will require periodic maintenance and repair. It is better to deal with a local vendor when purchasing your equipment. This will give you great peace of mind in knowing that when something goes wrong help is only a phone call and a short trip away. Local contractors are your neighbors. They have an incentive to give you great service at a great price.
Your heating and cooling system is a major financial outlay for you and in many ways an investment. You want to choose the best HVAC system for your situation in the Jacksonville area. The tips listed above should point you in the right direction for purchasing a new home comfort system.
If you are in the market for a new HVAC system or any home comfort needs in the Jacksonville area call Snyder Heating and Air Conditioning. Since 1973 these experts have been an industry leader. They understand that your family’s comfort is paramount and make every effort to deliver that comfort.
Snyder offers a wide range of comfort management services: installation, service and maintenance. When you need the best, call the best. Call Snyder!