Not everyone can afford to go away for a summer vacation every year. In these economically tough times, more often than not, families have to scrimp and save to make ends meet, and so going on a vacation might be a distant dream for many. However for people with young children, a summer break might mean better behaved kids and a break from the tedious monotony of their everyday lives. Most young children might not understand the economics of it and might yearn to go away somewhere; as parents, you can help break the monotony by organizing exciting things to do right at home, and make sure that they enjoy their staycation!
- First off, keep the house cool so that the children don’t get cranky; the terrible heat of Florida can make everyone cranky, and young children are especially susceptible to it and tend to act out when they’re hot or uncomfortable. Keep your blinds and curtains closed to prevent sunlight and heat from entering your home.
- In a place like Jacksonville,there are always plenty of air conditioned malls, beaches and water based amusement parks. This way you can avoid the cost of running your ac unit during the hottest time of the day. Plan an adventure outing, than just a visit to the zoo; make it a game, like announcing a prize for who keeps quiet or from picking a fight or something similar. This will help them to be on their best behavior, in order to “win” against their siblings or friends. Motivate them to be on their best behavior.
- Take them to the library or the public swimming pool. Keep them motivated to be on their best behavior; a simple prize like, “the one who stays quiet at the library for the longest can pick out the ice cream flavor on the way home” or “can pick out a movie for the next day,” etc can work like magic. These places are always cool and keeping your kids out of the heat, results in better-behaved kids and savings on your utility bills.
- Take your children to the Planetarium or the Museum on weekdays while they’re out of school; this will help them stay in an air conditioned place, out of the heat, while also learning; what more can you ask for!
- You might also try and get your children involved in geo-tagging, which is the new rage everywhere; it beats sitting in the house; they will have done something new over the summer to share with their friends, which is important at their age. You also save on your energy bills at home, when you’re in the car. This is a fun activity for the whole family!
- Above and beyond all of the above measures, proper installation, service and regular maintenance of your HVAC system during the summer and winter months will help you to have fun while staying at home whatever the weather outside your walls. Your children will never be bored, and will cooperate with you the next time you propose an outing, because they know they will have fun.
At Snyder Air Conditioning and Heating, we know the importance of having a regularly serviced and efficient air conditioner in the blistering heat of Florida summers. We have been operating in the Jacksonville area for the past 40 years, and are your trusted Jacksonville, Florida HVAC technicians. We deal with all brands such as Trane, Carrier and Lennox. We are your industry leader. Call us today for your free estimate.