Snyder Company Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to announce their new partnership with M & A Supply Company and York Heating & Air Conditioning. Snyder Company will now be a full service dealer of York Heating & Air Conditioning products and equipment. York products from Johnson Controls, Inc., include energy-efficient, residential central air-conditioners, heat pumps, furnaces and accessories and innovative light-commercial, packaged heating and cooling systems marketed through a national distribution network and delivered to home- and building-owners through qualified York heating and cooling dealers. As winter approaches, Snyder and York would like to remind you it is always a good idea to prepare your home’s heating and cooling system for the accompanying temperature change. Perhaps the most important part of these preparations is the selection of a qualified contractor who is equipped to maintain, repair and/or replace the components of your system.
To help homeowners select a contractor who is best qualified to meet their heating and cooling needs, Snyder Company (www.snyderac.com), offers these suggestions:
- Learn as much as you can about heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems. The information contained in books, magazines, online resources and dealer and manufacturer Web sites can help you when you interview a potential contractor.
- Ask friends, co-workers, real estate agents and home improvement specialists for recommendations. Advertisements can also direct you to a contractor.
- Check for membership in professional organizations, such as NATE (North American Technician Excellence) and ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America).
- Ask to see state and local licenses, certification for refrigerant handling and proof of liability and worker’s compensation insurance. Be certain these documents apply to the contractor as well as any technicians or subcontractors the contractor employs.
- Research the range of services a contractor offers. Does the list include scheduled maintenance, repairs and 24-hour service?
- Consider the number of years a contractor has been in business. In many cases, a reputation for quality, reliability and dependability grows with length of service to a community.
- A good HVAC contractor will visit your home to conduct an onsite inspection and ask questions about your cooling needs and concerns, before making any equipment or service recommendations.
- Be sure to ask the contractor for a guarantee on his/her work – both for installing and for servicing your system.
“And don’t forget to ask for and check references,” adds Ed Miller, President of Snyder Company. “It’s important to consider references in conjunction with other information you have gathered in your research.”
By following these simple suggestions, you will most likely find the contractor who best meets your needs, both in terms of technical expertise and professional integrity. To learn more about the services that Snyder Company Heating & Air Conditioning provides, visit or call the company at (904) 441-8476 .
Please Direct Reader Inquiries to:
Insert contact name
Insert contact title
ABC Heating & Cooling
Insert city, state, zip